Monday, February 9, 2009

Patriotism

Patriotism is love of country. My love is born of a realistic satisfaction of what America is, not of a cynical dissatisfaction over what I think she is not. Like one who is married, I do not view my relationship with America with a desire to change the one I love, but to serve the one I love.

President Kennedy put it so well early in his term: "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."My love for America sprouts from the eternal seeds planted by heroes of three centuries ago, "who more than self their country loved, and liberty more than life."

The love I have recognizes the superiority and delicacy of that which was planted long ago--a matchless Constitution and Bill of Rights.My love for America thrives because of my love for God, my family, our forefathers, and our present-day citizens.

The zeal I possess to preserve the words and intents of our founding documents is generated by a sacred love for this unique land, a land destined to be one of the noblest, most generous nations to ever exist. May I be noble and generous in showing my love for America.

"America, America,
God shed His grace on Thee.
And crown thy good with brotherhood,
From sea to shining sea."

No comments:

Post a Comment